Tuesday, April 5, 2011
Cure for the Crankies
I woke up today feeling grumpy, probably from sleep deprivation. Last night was a rough night, with all of the children getting up at different times for something. Then it got a little grumpier with arguing, or when Makayla dumped a bottle of bubbles on the carpet and ripped my MAC makeup sponge to pieces. The kids were ready for round 2 of breakfast, and I told them I would make it after they helped me clean the downstairs. For some reason, if the downstairs is clean, I feel like the rest of the house can wait. It was a slow start, with whining and poking around. Then I turned on some music for them, and away they went! Ava wiped the windows, cleaned the tables, and put away her things. Olivia dusted and vacuumed, and put away her things also. They asked if they could be done, and I said "I need help with one more thing, I need a big hug!" It feels so great to have them old enough to help around the house. This family is ready for a chore chart!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
It's so nice your sweet girls could help you with the cleaning. With so much going on that one simple thing must be a relief!
I'm so much happier when my house is clean and your house is my inspiration! And I love that you topped off the chores with a family hug. Those are the best. :)
I have no idea what it's like to have 4 kiddos, but I sure do need order and for clutter to be minimized so I can function properly! You sure are amazing!
Patrick and Kennedy have responded very well to simple chore charts--just three morning jobs and three late afternoon jobs. It really does help me feel like I'm not doing it all alone and they feel SO proud of being able to help.
Post a Comment