Sunday, November 7, 2010

Sisterly Love

I was curling Olivia's hair on Saturday for a birthday party, and Ava yells at me from the living room, "MOM! THERE IS SOMETHING IN KAY KAY'S HAIR!" I yell back, thinking it is something from her lunch, "Get it out then!" Ava keeps repeating the same phrase over and over until I come out two minutes later and witness a hamster Zhu Zhu Pet that Olivia got for her birthday two days before, sitting atop Makayla's head, with it's wheels tightly wound and locked in Makayla's hair. Makayla lets out a whine.  I asked Ava how this happened, and she tells me she doesn't know, but then points to herself. Unfortunately this is not a isolated event. Ava bullys her  little sister all the time: by a whipping with her blanket, giving her a lick on the face when she thinks no one is looking, or simply sitting on her. Just. for. fun. Anyhow I ended up cutting the hamster out of Makayla's hair, and the awesome part is that it was on the very top of her head, and you can't even really tell! She has good hair. And Olivia put her hamster on the naughty spot for the rest of the day.

 When this all went down, I was really ticked. (Hence, no photos. I am not good about remembering to grab the camera in the midst of our special everyday emergencies.) Later that night Scott got home from work, the kids were in bed and I was trying to tell him the story, and I was laughing so hard that I was seriously crying like a crazy pregnant lady. So weird. I love my family and I am so thankful for these funny memories that my children provide so generously. :)

6 comments:

The Holyoaks said...

Wow, it's like I was reading something right out of the story of my life.

I'm glad you enjoy those moments. They are pretty fun and they make our days more colorful.

Such beautiful girls!

MariePhotographie said...

That is so funny, Jen. :) I'm sad we missed Livie's bday! We'll have to have her over for special play date later this week after we get back.

Anonymous said...

We've come in for our fair share of sisterly love/torment, too. I'm sure that I'm going to miss is when it's all gone. These girls grow up way too fast.

Misty said...

That's funny! Glad you could laugh about it!

the Holyoaks said...

That is so funny! It's great that even if you didn't remember your camera you wrote it down. What a great memory.

Courtney said...

Funny story! I love that Olivia put the hamster in time out. :)