I am thinking, "What was it... a bomb threat...something dangerous?"
M: "What happened?"
O: "Nick was holding my hand! I am going to marry him when we get big!"
M: Phew.... "What!?!"
O: "Do you want to come sit with me and talk about it?"
M: Continuing to breathe into my brown paper bag....
So I guess this little ladies man just held her hand at story time, all by himself. Does this really start this early? Any advice on what to say to her? I am stumped.
Might I add she has been prancing around like a pony all day today since said conversation!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
Tell her she will contract a fungus and her hand will fall off. Do whatever it takes to keep her away from the boys!
Jen,
That is too cute, and scary at the same time! My youngest is just like this... I just listen. I would much rather hear all about what boy she's going to marry inserting things like, "after he get's home from his mission" or marry "in the temple" ... then to NOT hear about the boy she has a crush on when she is a teenager. I figure the openess and talking has to start early if there is going to be some.
Oh yes! It does start this early. I would tell her that she should say, "No, thank you," to the little ladies man. It is probably against the rules in class. Then say it is okay to be friends with boys, but we don't actually marry them until we are grown-ups. If I wanted to really freak you out, I could tell you about the note from a boy that Chloe was given back in 2nd grade.
Oh my, that is young! I have no advice. I just worry about the same thing. So far Braden has made one friend at school and it just so happens it's a girl. Weird.
Post a Comment